Store Manager - Permanent Part-Time Position
Golden Store is growing, and we are looking for an experienced Store Manager to join our team. The role will be on a permanent part-time basis, for four days a week and requires weekend work. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2-3 years retail experience behind them as well as exceptional customer service skills. You will need to bring a strong understanding of the retail industry and share an enthusiastic love for fashion and our gorgeous brands.
As a natural and confident leader, you will need an abundance of energy and positivity, paired with exceptional communication skills and a friendly and approachable nature. You will need to develop a strong understanding of the importance of how the business and store operates, including a thorough understanding of our store policies and procedures.
As we are a small retail business, in this role, you need to be prepared (and excited!) to wear many (stylish) hats. You must have a desire to work in a small business environment and to help achieve growth and innovation. The team at Golden Store pride ourselves on creating a kind and inviting environment for our customers - we are here to help, not hound! We also pride ourselves on a work-life balance, flexibility of work hours, task requirements and we’re always eager to support one another as best we can.
In this role, you will be responsible for;
- Stock Management - Monitoring inventory; Co-ordinating stocktakes; Receiving new deliveries; Making sure discrepancies are followed up; Implementing theft management strategies
- Employee management – Supervising & training staff; Rostering; Weekly employee reports for payroll.
- Overseeing daily store operations – Meeting/Setting Sales targets; Customer database growth; Maintaining a high level or store presentation; Store backroom organisation and delegation; Online Store maintenance
- Overseeing all customer relations – Customer database growth; Building and nurturing relationships with all customers, placing a special focus on regular customers; Ensuring all customer enquiries and complaints across social channels are dealt with in a prompt, professional and friendly manner.
- General admin and reporting tasks – Filing Invoices; Following up Layby’s; Staff roster co-ordination; Communicating re-orders; Keeping store stationary & supplies stocked; Monitoring staff purchases; Sales budget management; Vend and Shopify product upkeep; Weekly banking.
- Coordinating in-store events.
- Communicating with Store Owner; Stock related issues/discrepancies; Staffing issues; Operational issues; OHS issues; New ideas etc.
This position is offering above award wages.
If this sounds like you, please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org – we can’t wait to hear from you!